Thursday 24 November 2011

Hark! A Post!

I have determined that blogging is harder than it looks. Where do you people have TIME to come up with anything to write at all, much less things I actually want to read?

I apologize for my extended absence. School has been super stressful lately with project, after project.

But enough of my complaining. I'm going to ease back into blogging with a short and sweet post about humility.

So yesterday, I took the bus home from school. My bus ride happens to be an hour long. I'm just glad that most of the time I can catch a ride to school with my Dad. Driving only takes 1/2 an hour.

I normally can't do much reading or anything on the bus without feeling sick, so I take the bus time to just close my eyes, and chill out to some music. But yesterday the bus was very full. Apparently many other students who live near me have class that ends at 3. At least that's what I gather from the fact that there are TWO long extend-y buses that leave at the same time.
Not actually my bus, but a very similar one to it. 


I had to stop by the library quick after class and so had to run to the bus. I got on as it started to move and sat in the only available seat. 

Sitting beside me was a familiar face. With a wistful goodbye to my iPod and nap time I turned towards him to say hi. 

You know those people that you have met a few times, and even talked to once or twice, but that you never actually seek out their company for whatever reason? That was my bus mate. For an hour long trip. But I tried. I asked him how his fraternity was doing, we talked about classes that we had both taken, we talked about how long the bus ride was.... you get the idea. About half way through the trip I started mentally scripting this blog post, congratulating myself on how I was going to show everyone how if you just reach outside of your comfort zone to someone else once in awhile you can really make a world of difference.

Then I realized that during the silence of my mental blog post writing, that he had pulled out his phone and was doing a sudoku puzzle. Ah, irony: one of the many ways that God keeps us humble.

It was OK though. We had talked enough that it was fine to sit in (slightly awkward) companionable silence. I even felt comfortable enough to pull out that iPod and slightly lower my eyelids. 

There, that didn't take that long! I promise I will try doing posts more often from now on! 



No comments:

Post a Comment