Thursday 5 January 2012

7 Quick Takes: The "What Was Courtney Doing All December?" Episode



I am a bad blogger. I realize this. I have mentioned this before. But in my defence, December was a really crazy month, OK? But one of my New Year's resolutions or things that I am going to try to do is blog more. But now, I'm sure you're all dying to know how my month was, so here goes:

--- 1 ---
My parents, after 25 years of marriage, told me and my brother that they are splitting up. After a very long night, filled with J running around trying to find toilet paper after I used all his kleenex for my tears, and him leading me in the rosary and other prayers, I found hope again.

--- 2 ---
You see, my parents have never been really faithful Catholics. But after that night, Mom completely turned around. Now she's fighting for Dad, for their marriage, even though he thinks he's in love with someone else.
I'm so proud of her. Her faith has just grown by leaps and bounds in the last month. Both parents went to Mass for the first time in years (besides Easter and Christmas), and Confession the first time in 25 years. This gives me hope.

--- 3 ---
But the woman that Dad thinks he's in love with was abused. Her ex-husband tore away all her supports. Pretty much her only support is my Dad. But he belongs to us, not her.

--- 4 ---
Throw in some death threats from the ex-husband towards both the "other woman" and Dad, and life got a little crazy. Thankfully, nothing has happened, and they did go to the police, so nothing should happen. But life is beginning to feel like a bad soap opera.

--- 5 ---
And now for something completely different... I'm getting MARRIED! J asked me to marry him amid all my parent drama. I said yes. Because we have one thing my parents lacked (and in some ways still do): Christ in the centre of our relationship.

--- 6 ---
We picked our date, and had a meeting with the Church yesterday! August 18, 2012 will be our wedding day!

--- 7 ---
So am I off the hook for the long wait? On a more serious note, I would very much appreciate any prayers you can offer for me and my family. Satan really hates us and really would love to see my parents split up, I really really don't want to see that happen. Thanks! 

For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!

7 comments:

  1. congrats on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations
    LF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for your parents and their marriage..

    Congratulations on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your engagement. I will pray for your parents.
    Jeanne G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry all of this is happening. I'll definitely be praying for you and your family.

    Congrats on the engagement! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw your comment on my blog. Oh, my. You have gone through a lot. I will pray for your parents, and I am also so happy for your engagement! You will be the one to shine the light for your dad….

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the congratulations. Thank you more for the prayers. I very much appreciate them, and I'm touched.

    ReplyDelete