Wednesday 5 October 2011

The Most Amazing Cookies My Mouth Has Ever Tasted

My friend Sara is celiac - which means she can't have wheat, barley or anything else with gluten in it. She is also lactose intolerant and deathly allergic to shellfish. So, needless to say, when we hang out the food issue is a bit of a hurdle.

But we managed to get around it. We cooked chicken, rice and broccoli, and topped it off with homemade chocolate cookies (lactose free chocolate chips of course).

Picture from Divine Baking
I have to share this recipe with you. It was amazing. We popped the cookies off the sheet and nearly ended up on the floor in chocolate ecstasy. I even semi-conquered my fear of beating egg whites, although I made Sara beat them for me. But they worked out perfectly! Maybe I can get up enough courage to beat them myself next time!

The original recipe comes from a blog called Divine Baking. The link will take your right to these cookies. They are called Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies. I stumbled upon the recipe at a blog called Grasping for Objectivity. So to both of you bloggers, I am indebted to you for the lovely chocolatey sensation that you let me experience.

My only advice would be to suggest that you have milk on hand. I had run out of milk and was not so pleased with my water and chocolate cookie combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment